Friday, March 2, 2012

Is it possible to eat until you explode?

I nearly got to that stage today. I went out for lunch with my mum to Yum Char at a fabulous little place and I'm proud to say I tried a few new things but perhaps a few too many because my stomach got to bursting point but I still couldn't quash the hunger. It is an odd feeling eating and eating and then eating some more and knowing you're full but still being hungry. It is a concept that is pretty new to me, I used to be so afraid of eating especially in public. The fear was so great that I shrunk to a size nothing apart from my large behind which has always been out of proportion to the rest of me. Now I'm not large but I do feel slightly sluggish at present, I've felt better but I've felt worse too. I think I eat a little more than I should at certain times of the month (hormone driven!) so that's something to work on but I do stay active doing purposeful things like running around after the animals and I enjoy walking. I doubt I could ever spend hours in a gym running on a treadmill, for a start I'm way too busy and the idea of it just doesn't appeal, well not in my current situation. I had a discussion with my dad today about weight loss. I think for the majority of us if we halved our meal size and doubled our exercise we'd see results faster than any fancy diet.

I had a pots and pan holder, one of those hanging types that I'd had lying around for year that I decided to modify and put to good use. It is wrought iron with hooks and cut-out silhouettes of farm animals, just what I need to hanging things in my kitchen. I also brought home two of the kitchen cabinets and struggled carrying them down to the house but managed in the end with only a bruise on my knee to show for it.

There's a weather bomb hitting us this weekend. I'm interested to see just what that means/ what that brings. Rain, wind, low temperatures? Sounds like a few of the days we've already had this week. I'll take the horses out tomorrow for a spell in the shed to dry out a bit, this rain on the roof sounds quite persistent.

On another positive note I visited Katie the new horse today and attempted to lunge her but due to the knee deep grass in the paddock it proved harder that I expected. Just keeping my balance was a challenge, and she leapt about excited at the attention. In the end I just wandered around with her on the end of the lunge lead while she whuffled her nostrils with every step. She is very sweet but she's also huge width-wise and urgently needs to go on a diet. I tried a saddle on her and the girth which is the longest on I have was about a foot too short. The Lunging roller also didn't quite meet around her middle. She's what I call a "bunter", which means she bumps you with her nose at every oppostunity she gets. I am not used to this, Smarty used to do it and it certainly catches you unawares and you get a sore chin, nose and get winded when they land a good one in the guts.I'm sure it'll subside overtime, once she gets attention and riding on a regular basis.

This rain is devine, I'm off to bed soon. Just some dishes to put away, and I must add that I am doing remarkably well with the dishes, I've done them more than once this week, that must be a record. Early night for me, a bit of reading and then we'll see what this weather bomb brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment