So the weather bomb has hit apparently. Its just some short sharp bursts of rain, a bit more wind than usual and it is very cold for this time of the year so I'm dressed in winter clothes.
I put the horses in the shed area so they could shelter if they wanted to, once they were dry enough they got a brush, I love how their coats feel so soft after a good rinse in the rain. The chooks have been hanging out on my picnic table again, they got a whole bucket of scrap, they seem to like picking through things, it must be more interesting for them than grain. .
When the weather got too much outside I went back indoors and cleaned out my pantry and fridge, made some lychee jelly and a pasta salad and had several cups of chrysanthemum tea. I love the occasional rainy day, it is good to stay inside and potter around every now and then. Just before 4pm I made a dash for it and picked up some timber and hardware for the gate I need to build for the chook enclosure. I had Hoby with my and although it was windy there wasn't any rain so we stopped at the botanic gardens for a walk. It was great fun, we almost had the place to ourselves, not a lot of people were game to go out in the wind. The gardens look good there were some new features that I hadn't seen before like the edible garden with a brick wall around it and espaliered fruit trees. There were also some new fruit trees in a paddock that were neatly planted and surrounded by a cocoon of windcloth, I might need to do that with mine too.
Tonight I'm going to the movies with my sis and my ex, odd combination I know but it seems that they spend a lot of time together these days. It is my first 3D movie, it's the latest installment in the Underworld series. I missed a call from the V-LDL, I think he's made it to Norway in one piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment