Thursday, March 1, 2012

Around...over, through, around and twist.

I can do it! Finally I can tie off wire fence ends. There is probably a proper name for it but I have no idea what it is. Yes, I'm excited and although they're not master-fencer material just yet they're consistent (perhaps consistently bad?) and strong enough. So guess what I've been up to? I've been working on the wind break fence in gale force winds. I finished one side of it today and I couldn't be more proud of the result. I went a little overboard and got out my needle and fishing rod and stripped the reel of a few metres of nylon but boy-oh-boy has it made a difference. The plastic clips were good but weren't enough to keep it tight. The running nylon stitch has worked a treat.

The horses had a brush first this this morning after the rain subsided. I watched a NZ movie called Boy when I woke up this morning. I really liked it. Breakfast was leftovers from last night, with more cheese melted on it. Another pot of jasmine tea and I was ready to go.

Tarka looks very handsome in the teal rope halter I made him, it is lighter than the other webbing one and doesn't have the clunky buckles which always seemed to get in the way. Ella was covered in a thin layer of mud from head to toe. Hoby got two games of flinger today, a couple of note-worthy wipe outs and some outstanding flying catches. The chooks, having free entry and exit of their enclosure at the moment, came down to the house to greet me this morning and again for their afternoon snooze on the picnic table. They're so snuggley.

I made a big pot of chilli this afternoon, I'll freeze a load of it. Dinner - burritos - and a DVD - The Sound of Music - at sis's house this evening. I managed to get the lunge rope buckle replaced and strap re-sewed and I made a long leadrope for Katie. I'm looking forward to seeing her tomorrow. I'm having lunch with mum and then I plan to pick up the kitchen cabinets and bring them home with me on the trailer. Then on Saturday while I have the trailer I'll collect some timber for the big gate to the chook enclosure and possible some untreated timber for my building work inside.  

I can't believe my two month holiday is nearly over. Back to work on Monday. Where did the time go? I would love to do it every year.

So as of next week my blog entries may become a bit boring. they will go a little like this: Got up, went to work, worked, sat for an hour in traffic on the way home, played flinger with Hoby, brushed the horses, had dinner, trudged through facebook and went to bed. Repeat for another four days and then the entries may get more exciting although in the first week I expect I'll be sleeping in on my first weekend off. I predict a very tired and tantrum-filled week for me next week. I hope not but I know what I'm like.

Well for now I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment