Friday, January 27, 2012

Rain at last!

Just when I was starting to get worried about the state of the water tank, its rained. It didn't do much to the overall situation but it almost filled the horse's trough and for the main tank at least it was something.

I did lots of indoors stuff, things that I meant to do for a long time but didn't get around to like putting all my clothes together that need to be mended or altered. I haven't mended and altered them yet but tomorrow is another day. I've also had a look at the kitchen cupboard situation and my head is throbbing from all the thinking, I'm not confident in my building ability anymore. I've got to get some faith back.

I sent out some debt collection letters too, time to get all the loose ends tied up.

The chooks were completely soaking when I went up to feed them, even though they are free ranging and can hide out under the bushes out of the rain it appears they like the occasional summer rain bath. Bless them. Today Nigel threw himself into the feed bucket and took quite a bit of convincing to remove.

The horses were out on the driveway mowing the grass today, when it rained they took shelter in their shed, I love seeing them defying the weather and staying dry when it's raining. They think it is pretty cool too.

Tonight I went to Mum and Dad's for dinner, I picked up my sister on the way. I love family dinners, they're great. Not only is the food great (roast pumpkin & potatoes, baked mushrooms stuffed with feta, tomato and spinach, and a fresh garden salad) but the company is great too. Kirsty had a fringe cut and dyed her hair darker, it really suits her. I went to have a shower, at mum and dad's the hot water cylinder is miles away from the shower so you need to run the shower a bit before getting it. Unfortunately I didn't realise that Kirsty had removed the hand held shower nozzle and put it on the floor of the shower so when I turned the shower on (completely clothed) I got sprayed in the crotch. It was hilarious. Thank heavens they have a dryer.

I watched another episode of River Cottage, I'm starting from the beginning again. And then I copied some recipes from a library book into my recipe book. Can't wait to try them out.

This reminds me, I owe the blog some photos, I've got a heap on my camera but I am still quite clueless when it comes to this design and template thing. I will try to add some photos in the next week. Also I'd like to share some of the recipes I try.

Here's a link to a website created by the authors of two books I've just finished reading. I recommend the books they're well written and easy to read, they had some great tips too. You can find a lot of the info on their website too, it's worth a look: http://www.oilyrag.co.nz/
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment