Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Equilibrium

Ahhh, I love that word. My star sign is Libra so I'm all about balance and lets just say that lately my balance has been completely out of whack. I am getting it back though. Today went well. Firstly I will fill you in on the rest of yesterday as I published my post quite early and didn't get a chance to tell you about my battle-scar.

So my aim is to finish some of the things I've started.....bottle of limoncello, bar of chocolate etc. Just kidding, I mean those unfinished projects such as the almost complete chick raising house that's been sitting outside my front door ever since I acquired the babies. So I set out to finish it, just the roof required and a couple of other things like handles and maybe some wheels. First up I built the frame for the iron to be screwed to, and I totally mucked up the measurements, then I tried screwing the frame together for a second time and accidently had the power drill of the "drill" setting instead of on a "screw" setting and the frame flicked up and smacked me square between the eyes skinning a wee patch the size of my little fingernail. Talk about being a doofus! So with that all complete I decided to have an early night, I switched my house phone to silent and watched a episode of River Cottage, read a chapter of my book and then nodded off. Suddenly I woke, switched on the light and then about two seconds later the phone started to flash which means a call was coming through, I knew it was my long-distance lover so against my better judgment I answered it. We talked for a little while, rather civilised and then I went back to sleep. I woke early but couldn't find the gumption to get out of bed so on the phone I went to sis, then mum and finally long-distance lover. I'm worried you see, he isn't well and he won't tell anyone but me. I want to be there for him and I'd like to be friends with him one day but at the moment the strong feelings I have for him aren't appropriate for a friendship. I'm hoping in time they dull down but for now they're just too strong. Who knows where things are heading, I know that I feel a huge sense of relief though.

So I spoke to my mum and arranged to go to lunch. I locked all the chookies in Hoby's enclosure and felt better knowing that I'd come home to live animals. Mum and I went to Yum Char, delicious. Afterwards we went shopping at a second hand shop, they had a $1 rack, I got some great additions to my wardrobe. I'm really getting into op-shopping at the moment, it feels like I'm walking into a treasure trove every time I walk through the door of a second hand / opportunity / charity shop. I've got some great stylish bargains, most of which I have to modify in some way but I like to personalise my clothes and now I have a sewing machine I can do that successfully.

I spent some time with my dad measuring up all the materials that I have stored at his workshop. These random bits of wood will eventually be my kitchen. I can't wait. I have the word "pantry" on my mind, I'm looking forward to having a pantry and I have $100 in supermarket vouchers (a Christmas present from my employers) that I will spend on stocking up my pantry once the kitchen is complete. I'm actually getting excited at the prospect of a kitchen now, and storage space. Yay.

In the evening I went to see a film with a friend of mine, we saw "We Bought a Zoo" and it was fantastic, I really enjoyed it.

Ok, off to bed for me now. Up early tomorrow to get the horses hooves trimmed, relocate them to a new paddock, tidy the house, have mum over for lunch and exercise Hoby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment