Sleeping in has become a bit of a habit now, unfortunately. I intend to change that. But for the time being, I'm enjoying it. It might help if I went to bed a bit earlier too, again, I intend to start that soon.
So today I hung out washing, went for two walks with Hoby, fed and watered horses, chickens and a dog. Cut the grass in the dog's enclosure, relocated chickens to dog's enclosure for the night as I'm staying the night at my parent's place. Moved the horses into a new paddock and put up the electric fence. Went to the post office and police station (on behalf of someone else). Made Pad Thai for dinner for mum and I. Planted some sweetcorn in mum and dad's garden, weeded their garden and made plans to catch up with my bestie tomorrow, I can't wait!
While I was in the post office today Hoby proved wrong the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks." He is between 11 and 13 years of age and he has taught himself to unzip bags which is a real pain as up until now I've known that all food left alone with Hoby would be safe as long as it was in a zipped bag. Not so now. I came back from the post office to find my backpack unzipped, which contained some coriander, a capsicum and a spring onion, this didn't tickle his fancy so he want on to the cooler pack which has such difficult zips that even I have problems opening and closing it and that was completely devoid of a slice of dogroll and a scoop of dog biscuits for breakfast. What now, padlocks, a safe? So another trick to add to Hoby's list, you'll hear more and more as time goes by.
So after such a bitzy day with no great achievements I look towards tomorrow, I've probably overbooked myself again. Tomorrow I'm meeting my boss and a prospective new assistant. But first I will dash home first thing in the morning to feed the animals and move them to their familiar surroundings, then the afformentioned meeting, then home again where I'll do my dishes and have a quick tidy up and then head over to my friend's house to help her construct a hen house. Then home for an early night all going to plan.
Now I'm off to bed, a little single bed in my old bedroom, with my trusty unzipping dog Hoby on the floor by my side. Night night everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment