So my first day back at work has come and gone and with it I feel relief. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I would be exhausted and everything would be turned upside down but I wasn't and it isn't.
I decided that I'd drop Hoby at my parents in the morning and then spend lunchtime with mum. After work I visited Katie and looked for prospective future winter grazing spots for Katie that are close to where I work but aren't the 7 acres I'm currently grazing as it is too much for Katie on her own and the landlord has recently doubled the price. I saw a few promising spots, I'll keep them in mind and make calls to the owners when I can.
After work I took Hoby for a walk and had a nice long shower. Then I drove home and was thrilled to find the horses still in their paddock and all the chooks (including Nigel!) asleep in their house. There was even a snuffling snorting little hedgehog in the paddock.
I hit bed before 11pm glad that the day had gone well. The only qualm I had was that my assistant who had been working with me before I left and who is due to leave shortly to join her husband in the south island has suddenly become very nasty and made some very cruel remarks in the afternoon. I have no idea what that's all about. The new employee is lovely and she is organised which is a huge bonus. I think she'll fit in well. I enjoyed spending most of the day working with her, even though it did seem a little odd and intrusive peering over her shoulder for a lot of the morning. I was 'observing' apparently, but it just felt weird. I don't have use of my computer just yet so I'm a bit of a hobo sitting wherever I can, tieing up whatever loose ends I can.
Much of the same tomorrow although I'll visit Katie at lunchtime and brush Tarka and Ella after work and I might even manage a walk with Hoby too!
No comments:
Post a Comment